5/01/2009

Show and Tell..well just tell

Photobucket


Sorry no photos yet! I found my dress for the wedding and the most darling pair of shoes! Cost: $9.95 cents for both! The shoes are old but never worn so are like brand new. I needed to find a yellow /cream dress. I dislike yellow on me. It makes me look washed out. This dress is the palest of yellow I have ever seen and will work just fine. The dress was half price. I just happended to come in to the thrift store on green tag day! I will try to post photos soon.


We went to the museum again this week. What a treat! We got to see the "forest of glass" ( see links on last weeks S and T). It is so stunning in real life..nothing like the photo. Amazing. We also saw the glass and light exhibit. Again photos do not do it justice. To walk into the room and see it is just breath taking.


With warm weather comes lots of outside activities. We love to walk around the lake at a near by park. This week we were blessed with turtles, wild white roses, many birds, fish, and lots of wildflowers. ( sorry no photos yet)

6 comments:

  1. Please, please, please let me know when you have your photos up !!! Wahoo you are the Thrift Store Queen ! I am so happy for you and ALL your finds !


    Blessings and ((HUGS)) my SSiC

    In Him<><

    -Mary


    ReplyDelete
  2. No picture. Sigh. Too bad. But you did a nice job describing it.

    I'm amazed that I actually rejoined the S&T crew this week. And yes, I will TRY to post my Bible challenge progress tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great deal! Glad you got what you need. :-)


    April E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love it when the Lord directs you to just the perfect thing!

    Can't wait to see the pictures.

    Because of Jesus, Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. ThreeLittleLadiesMay 1, 2009 at 4:39 PM

    Congratulations on the dress find, and all the nice activities you got to do this week.


    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting to be getting ready for a wedding. I do know what you mean about praying and then shopping. I When my daughter got married she want this exact Jessica McClintock dress. I bought the pattern (yes for 99 cents) and told her she could have it without the bead work and that was fine. Than she just happened to go try dresses on with a girlfriend and found the exact dress in last years markdowns WITH all the bead work! I made the Bridesmaids dresses and her Victorian Tea reception was all done by friends in the church. The Cake was a gift, the photos a gift and all the food potluck! It was the best wedding I have ever been too and didn't cost the mortgage!

    I pray the Holy Spirit annoints this wedding in ways you never imagined!

    Because of Jesus, Bobbie

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8