5/04/2009

Tightwad Tuesday


Photobucket


More thrifty fun stuff!


My daughter found a pair of brand new ( tags still attached) Route 66 tennis shoes at the thrift store for $4.00. That is more than I like to spend but since she is babysitting and earning her own cash it is up to her. She saved nine dollars.


I found a 1918 book in the "free" box at our local homeschool book store. The Winds of Chance by Rex Beach.  You can read about him here.  http://www.online-literature.com/rex-beach/  You may reconize him as the author of The Golden Hourd.


The book itself is in bad condition and not worth much. ( about $4.50) New versions of the book sell for 90.00 and up. The book has some cool signitures from previous owners. I looked up one of them and found them to be a long standing family in our community. We love old books so this find was awesome.

3 comments:

  1. I love hearing about all your treasures you all find. GOOD JOB ! Sometimes I get very discouraged with the second chance stores around here. It doesn't help that I have a hard time getting into town so I can frequent them to find the treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful finds!! Don't you just love book finds - even if they're not in the best of shape? I do too!!


    Would love to see some photos of these dresses and shoes we keep hearing/reading so much about... :)


    Have a great rest-of-week!

    love,

    Shani

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a bunch of stuff at the thrift store this weekend too. I bought a like new Tommy Hilfiger bag for $4.99.

    Plus, I found some educational games for the kids for only 39 cents each. I wish we had some good thrift stores around my area.

    I have to make the occassional trip to Birmingham to find my deals.

    Hugs,

    Pam

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8