5/29/2010

Flowers of the Season

I have not been able to spend time or money on the flower garden this year but the Lord has seen to tending it with volunteers from last year. They are beautiful.
This is a volunteer sunflower. It is so pretty.






I love batchlor buttons. They are special to me as I had them in my wedding boquet. They were a prominate wildflower from my childhood as well.



These are Sweet William. My daughter planted them last year. They did not come up last year. These flowers are so big and vibrant ( compared to the ones you buy at the nursery). They are also very tall.



Promise of blooms to come. There are many many zinna buds ready to give glorious color.


All photos were taken by my daughters.

Learn from the way the wild flowers grow. They do not work or spin. But I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was clothed like one of them." (Matthew 6:28-29)

3 comments:

  1. Isn't God's creation amazing !?! I love how even when we don't do anything he still gives us gifts of love.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    In Him<
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Tina, you are one of the loveliest ladies I know...your dear spirit and joyful heart come through in every delightful post here in bloggyland. I just wanted you to know that! What a fragrant flower your grateful and optimistic attitude must be to our Lord!

    Your "volunteers" will make you a splendid garden this year. Isn't God the best landscaper of all?

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe...thank you so much. How sweet.
    And yes the Lord is truely the best gardener of all. I just got back from a trip up to the mountains...the wildflowers are soooooo beautiful and just perfectly sprinkled here and there as God intended. They make my heart sing!

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8