2/13/2012

Just Living Life

We have been busy doing life. Here are a few highlights.

I am learning a new crochet stitch and becoming much better at reading a pattern correctly. The below project is the beginning of a dog sweater for my sisters Yorkie. One of the web sites I have found helpful is http://newstitchaday.com/  There are a lot of video tutorials.




I tried my hand at crocheting hearts for valentines day. They turned out okay. I am guessing that with practice they will look better.

Emily made a logo for the baby booties I am sending to my sister to raise money for Relay for Life. The box is getting full!
A little Science. Ever seen the photo of the Mc Donalds sandwich that has been sitting out in the open for a long period of time and not molded? Its popular right now on Facebook. Here are a few other places you can see it on the web. http://bestofmotherearth.com/2008/09/24/1996-mcdonalds-hamburger.html   http://blog.stayfreemagazine.org/2005/06/mcdonalds_exper.html    http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/11/the-burger-lab-revisiting-the-myth-of-the-12-year-old-burger-testing-results.html
While there are plenty of noteworthy articles out there proving that a Mc Donalds hamburger will not mold...we had to see for our selves!
So this is day one.  One half of a regular hamburger.
 This is day 8. The white on the burger is just part of the bun. There is quite a bit of shrinkage of both the bun and the burger. But no visible mold yet.
This is the other side of the bun. Its pretty hard.  So check back to see what happens.
Cats. Anyone who knows us knows we love them. We lost our beloved Squeeky a week ago. Both he and the dog are so missed.
Here is the rest of the gang doing tricks for treats. They sit and sit up on command as well as a few other things.
 Fancy Rose ( yep shes a tubby one) sitting up for her treat.
Fudgy waiting patiently for her turn while her momma takes her sweet time eating the treat.

Emily is attempting to get both Abby and Fudgy to sit up at the same time.
Success! Fancy and Abby doing it together.
Fudgy is a long gal. Sitting up requires good balance for her.


3 comments:

  1. You know I am a cat lover,so those pictures of your sweet kitties were a joy! My old kitty sleeps all day, most days. She will be 18 in a few days. God love her! I know what you mean about just living life. Sometime that is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love the colors in the doggie sweater!! The other things are beautiful as well.
    THe Mcdonald experiment......gross!!! Keep us posted on the outcome.
    Sweet fur babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing what you've been doing through your pictures. Your crochet projects are so nice.

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8