4/30/2008

Unplugged and Green!

We are starting our Unplugged project and Green project with the topic GREEN.

We went to the park today to examine the first thing we found in the lake/pond. This is what we found on a piece of plastic floating in the pond. Can you identify the creatures?

Barnacles, Mollusk and Misc Mollusk, barnacles and some sort of parasite that was eating the Mollusk.

 

Mollusk and Parasites

All of these mollusk were eaten by the creatures below. The creatures below were very active.

 Mollusk and Parasites a

Does anyone know what the above ( parasites ?) are. They are living in a semi stagnant pond which is drained off a semi salty river. The mollusk are all eaten up with them. There are thousands of them. I have looked for hours trying to identify them.

Creatures on the Seawall

Here is a down shot of the sea wall.

Bugs in the Water Bugs or tiny shrimp in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8