5/01/2008

Container Gardening

We have a very large lot and usually plant a garden the traditional way in raised beds. Well with our physical limitations we are finding it difficult  to keep up the weeding and watering. We also want to conserve on water. So we thought we would try container gardening. The containers were free. Half the soil is from our bunny poo compost, so we had a to invest very little.


 



I know it does not look like much yet! We have planted tomatoes, peppers, herbs, yellow squash and watermelon. The melon will have to be moved across the yard so it does not cross pollinate with the squash. ( we had a cucumber melon cross one year...yuck!)



Marigolds are a natural pest control. Especially for tomatoes.


 


 



My armadillos are always a wonderful beautiful surprise each year.


 



We have lots of pots with flower seedlings in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8