7/08/2008

Tightwad Tuesday


No Bake Cookies


Yummy with hardly any heat in the kitchen. The savings is in keeping the house cooler!


  • 2 cups white sugar

  • 3/4 cup butter

  • 2/3 cup milk

  • 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix

  • 3 1/2 cups quick cooking oats

  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

    Mix together the sugar, butter or margarine and the milk in a large pot and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Turn off heat and add in the pudding, oats and vanilla. Mix well and let stand for 5 minutes. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper.


    Peanut Butter Balls




    • 1/2 cup butter, softened

    • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

    • 1/8 teaspoon salt

    • 2 cups creamy peanut butter

    • 2 cups confectioners' sugar

    • 2 cups chopped pecans

    • 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs

    • 1 cup confectioners' sugar

    • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

    • 2 tablespoons shortening


    Cream together the butter, vanilla, salt and peanut butter. Stir in 2 cups of the confectioners' sugar, nuts and all but 1/2 cup of the graham cracker crumbs. Add the last 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs only if needed; otherwise it may be difficult to mold the balls.


    Form the mixture by hand into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball in the remaining cup of confectioners' sugar. Set the balls in a single layer on a cookie sheet and refrigerate until firm. At this point the cookies may be dipped in melted chocolate or they can be left plain. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.


    To Dip Balls In Chocolate: In the top half of a double boiler; melt the chocolate chips and shortening just until the chips are melted. Remove from heat but leave over hot water. Insert a toothpick into the chilled balls and dip into the melted chocolate until coated. Set on waxed paper until hardened.



     


  • 7 comments:

    1. We love chocolate no bake cookies!

      Thanks for sharing these delicious sweet treats, that don't heat up your house.

      Blessings,

      Linda

      ReplyDelete
    2. These sound delicious! Between you and Mary, I'm about ready to ditch the housework this morning and head to the kitchen to do some baking, lol!!


      Have a lovely day, and thanks for sharing!

      ~Shani

      ReplyDelete
    3. These sound sooooooo good ! I had never heard of using pudding in the first recipe. yum. I LOVE peanut butter balls I am going to have to make some SOON. [0=


      I hope you all are having a FUN summer. How is your garden growing ??? The weeds keep coming back. ((sigh)) lol. We are just getting our snow peas , and strawberries now.


      Blessings and ((HUGS)) my SSiC

      In Him<><

      -Mary

      ReplyDelete
    4. I don't think I've ever had no bake's w/ choc. pudding. I'll have to try that. My hubby loves these.


      Thanks for sharing!!

      Robyn

      ReplyDelete
    5. Ok... I've got to try this!


      Valerie

      ReplyDelete
    6. Will be trying those recipes soon - they look good! Thanks for sharing!


      Blessings,

      Kym

      ReplyDelete
    7. Thanks for sharing. I need a different no-bake cookie recipe, since mine has been failing.


      Amy B

      ReplyDelete


    Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8