As I looked at my photos this week and thought of the awesome amount of time it was going to take and the amount of money ( ink, photo paper, a few cute scrapbooking supplies, and photo books) I realized that this needs to be a year long project. I set some goals ( thanks to those of you who helped with ideas)
- Make a notebook with a list of unpublished photos, and a list of photos in the boxes. This way I will know how many books to create! Or how many photo boxes to use. This way I can check stuff off as I do it.
- Print off 30 photos a month. Gee that is doable as it is only one photo per day.
- Decide if: I want to put the photos in books or photo boxes??????
- Start with oldest sons keepsake book.
- Plan a keepsake book for the other 3 kids.
- Finish the California book.
I am leaning toward photo boxes. At least with the boxes things will be presentable and in order. Then maybe over the years I can tackle one box at a time.
These boxes hold 1000 photos. I found them on line for 4.95 each. I am looking to see if I can find them locally near that price. ( the shipping is steep)
So I have a plan! That is all the farther I got this week.
I took time to pray and seek the Lord for wisdom concering my home. He showed me another area that needs attention in our home.
My dear daughters quilt. I started with a bang...worked hard on it for months and then put it away in a closet. There it sits. So gals this is my next project. DD has given me till she turns 16 to finish it. I realize a year has come and gone and I have only 2 years left! It is a catherdal window so it is time consuming. My goals for the quilt are:
- get all the frames done by December
- Get all the windows in the frames by April
- Sew all finished frames together by the end of May
This quilt is done 50 percent by hand sewing. It is time consuming. So I think my goals may be reasonable.
Here are examples of Catherdral Windows:
Here is where I am with her quilt:
That pile of fabric represents 1030 2 inch squares and about 1/2 the block squares needed for the frames. I am using all used fabric or thrift store finds so it is taking longer to find what I need for the frames. The 2 inch squares are all from fabric my dd used as she was learning to sew over the years.