I worked hard this week redesigning how to put my daughters quilt together better. I was not happy with the way I did it. ( it was the way I was taught but I still did not like it!) I found a great tutortial on line that really helped and seems to be working great. Anyway I did not finish a block but I am very happy with the way it is going. I had no idea there was so much math involved! And for my dyslexic brain I am slow to get it! The seam ripper has been my close friend this week! I have been thinking all week....maybe just a pillow! But my gals have been handing me embroderied butterflies and flowers for the quilt...thus I must go on!
I spent a great deal of time this week organizing my kitchen cupboards. It is amazing how much room you have when you put everything back where it goes and get rid of stuff you have not used in a year or longer. I have never used the pampered chef nut chopper....too much work to wash the thing! Or the zillion free interestingly shaped tupperware items from the 60s. ( maybe there is a reason they are in the free box at the thrift store!)
I also prepared for fall and winter baking. Grouping spices and making sure I have all I need. I love to bake once school starts.
I hope you are all having a fantastic start to your school year and the season.