9/30/2008

Tightwad Tuesday

Or not....


This recipe may not be too tightwaddy but anytime you make stuff from scratch it is so much better!


All I have left to show you is a large slice. We ate most of it and then two of our felines got into the rest ( we have never before had cats that loved sweets)



Peach Bread


3 eggs, 2 cups sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla, 1 cup vegetable oil, 2 cups chopped peaches, ( if frozen or canned, drain first),3 cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp soda, 3 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 cups chopped nuts.  Mix all ingredients well. Pour batter into two floured and greased bread pans. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour. The bread will be very dark.  Let it cool completely before taking out of the pan.


Store in fridg and keep away from sweet loving felines!


Abby and Fudgy. Our sweet baby gals.



Here is a picture of a pizza kit  ( see earlier post) This is for one 16 inch pizza or a large sheet cake pan.


This one has: Dough Ball, cheese, sauce, pepperoni, and ham.



 

6 comments:

  1. This bread looks very yummy! The pumpkin bread looked very good too.


    Your kittens are adorable! And the pizza kit is a great idea.


    Wishing you a great week!

    Blessings,

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bread looks good. Can you substitute other kinds of fruit?

    Wow! I didn't know spiders could cause an allergic reaction. I hope you will be able to get them cleared out of your house. My dad owns an old farm house (around 125 years old.) It is hard to keep the spiders from there also!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh these are GREAT ! And can you imagine what it would cost to get peach bread in the store ??? I am sure yours is DELISIOUS and tightwaddy. ((hugs))


    I just love your CREATIVE ideas girl !


    Blessings and ((HUGS)) my SSiC

    In Him<><

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy, though it may be a bit too sweet for me since I'm not supposed to eat sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I just love swapping recipes!! I'll have to add the bread recipe to my binder - thank you. :)


    And the pizza kits look like a wonderful idea - the day after you gave me the information on them, my 4 year old nephew came to the door peddling pre-made individual pizza kits for his pre-school. Needless to say, I don't need to make them up for awhile now, lol!


    Have a lovely day, my friend!!

    love,

    Shani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the tip!


    Carol

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8