Homemade Hamburger Helper
1 can tomatoe soup ( or tomatoe paste for a richer flavor)
1/2 can water
1 can chopped tomatoes ( not drained)
1 small onion chopped
1 small clove of garlic chopped
12 oz sturdy noodles ( like bow tie, elbow ect)
1/2 cup seasoning mix ( below)
2 cups grated cheese ( cheddar is best)
Add Ins: Any vegetable can be added. ( peas, corn, greenbeans, broccoli)
To make Chilli Mac add 1 Tablespoon Chilli powder
Potatoes can be used instead of noodles. Slice and precook. May need a bit more liquid.
Precook noodles and brown beef, onions and garlic. Drain the beef mixture. Mix all items with beef except the cheese. Simmer for 10 minutes. Top with cheese and serve.
Mix together the following.
- 1 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 cup instant onion ( I omit this and use real onions in the casserole)
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 2/3 cups dry milk powder
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons beef bouillon granules
Store in a jar with tight between uses.