1/31/2009

Through the Bible in a Year

 


Photobucket


A thought to ponder: I was challenged once to spend a tenth of my day in the word of God. That’s 2 hours and 40 minutes. Thus far I spend about an hour reading each day and maybe 30 minutes in prayer. I am still quite short of a tenth of my day. I recently have looked at how I spend the rest of my day and am working on reaching a tenth in bible study. I am hoping to reach this goal by the end of February.


Jan 25: Gen 38-40


Jan 26: Gen 41-42


Kine means cow. ( found in 41:2) peradventure means doubt (found in 42;4) Provender means dry food such as hay ( found in 42:27)


Info on Famine in Biblical Times


http://www.studylight.org/enc/isb/view.cgi?number=T3366 


http://www.bible-history.com/smiths/F/Famine/


Jan 27: Gen 43-45
Jan 28: Gen46-47


What comfort Jacob (as the Lord addressed him) must have felt when the Lord came to him in a dream.
Jan 29: Gen 48-50
Jan 30: Ex 1-3
Jan 31: Ex 4-6 
 


In reading this passage there were so many things I had forgotten. It was good to read and study again. I love the genealogy lesson on Moses and Aaron as well.



I really wanted to read more than just the OT. I know this is out of order chronologically but I was thirsty for more! So I plan to do some Proverbs, Psalms, and NT along with the OT as time allows.


Jun 3: Prov 1-3


The purpose of proverbs ( found in proverbs 1:1-5)  


  To know wisdom and instruction; To discern the words of understanding;


 3 To receive instruction in wise dealing, In righteousness and justice and equity;


 4 To give prudence to the simple, To the young man knowledge and discretion:


 5 That the wise man may hear, and increase in learning; And that the man of understanding may attain unto sound counsels:


We must seek after wisdom and knowledge as if we are looking for treasure. Prov 2



Jun 4: Prov 4-6
Jun 5: Prov 7-9




This week has been very interesting. Schedule was packed and yet I was able to keep up with my reading and quiet time. I have often thought that when I put the Lord first in my day that my day is just so much more ordered as well as their being time to do more.


 I love this site. I shared it last week. http://www.bibleshared.com/index.asp 


Here are my stats so far.


 You have read 109 chapters, or approximately 9.17% of the Bible in the last 13 days.
If you continue at this rate (of 8.38 chapters/day), you will finish reading the Bible in 128.81 days
.


Its kinda nice to see how far you are and how far you have to go. Encouraging!


3 comments:

  1. It's hard to keep ahead of you, Tina! What an example you are. I loved the "tithe" facts you shared, and that link to the Bible stats. Hmmm...somehow I missed that last week.

    I'll go ahead and put your name in the Mr. Linky so others can glean from your insight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that website, I am following the readings with the one yearBible group, through The Lounge! I have tried to get ahead, but have struggled, as we have been back to schoolwork.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so inspired by your tithing your time to read the Bible. Thank you so much for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8