2/18/2009

Knitting Basket and Doll

Our new craft this year is knitting. We are all learning how to knit. My 12 yod learns best by herself. She is very creative and has spent hours teaching herself ( with the help of books) the basic knit and purl stitches. Meanwhile my 14yod and I continue to struggle a bit...but we are learning!


I am making a knitting basket for each of us. We have five cats and need a way to keep playful paws out of our knitting. The basket below in for my 12yo. On the inside there are pockets. This basket cost me nothing but my time to make it. The basket, fabric, lace, and elastic were all free.





The doll below complete with hat and scarf is her first knitting project. She made it all by herself without a pattern. I think she did an awesome job! Very creative.





3 comments:

  1. That is a NEAT idea to prevent kitty paws playing with your yarn. [0=


    Your dd has very nice stitches too ! Good Job !


    I updated about The House That God Built too.


    Blessings and ((HUGS)) my SSiC

    In Him<><

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. TO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE!!!!!!!!! I love the doll. THat blue is soooo pretty. I love the little basket as well.

    Be blessed,

    Chasity

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8