2/15/2009

School in Review

It has been a long time since I posted anything that is happening at our school. This is mostly because school and everyday life and ministry mingle together. My kids are all older ( junior high and high school). We are at the stage of doing our work and moving on to projects, the ministry, and other activities. It does feel strange at times to not be teaching them each and every concept and planning for them. They are involved in the planning but do most of the learning all by themselves these days. You can view the subjects they are taking on the left sidebar. So what are they doing...


My 12th grader:


Nearly done with his homeschool career. He is finishing needed mathes, his fourth year of high school english, vocabulary, economics. He is an accomplished guitar player. This is more than a hobby for him. Its a passion. He works almost full time. He plans to attend college in the fall.


My 9th grader:


She is our budding architect. Her passion is creating homes. She enjoys spending hours on a computer program building and creating. She reads books on the topic well above her level. She is also taking all her regular subjects and doing well. She is actually almost finished with her English for the year. She works part time and is enjoying learning how to handle her money.


My 7th grader:


It is normal for her to be done by lunch with all her regular topics. She is an avid reading and can be found most days with her nose in a book. Her passion is drawing/painting of orential style art. She also spends a great deal of time learning new crafts. The current craft is knitting. She is doing an awesome job.


I am currently doing a unit study with the gals on Rembrandt. This study was inspired by a visiting exhibit to our local art museum this past fall. It is awesome to see how the gals have matured in their ability to study a piece of art. We go to the museum each week to do a CM style study on any painting /drawing/art work of their choice.


All of my kids including my 22 year old help in the ministry to some extent. We go out weekly to minister to the homeless, help run the church food pantry, help at church, and other outreaches. This takes constant interruption in their day but they manage to do well in school and thrive.


There is a view into our school.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tina!

    I love the way you combine school with life. I think that's what it's really all about anyway.

    I am giving away a copy of Al and Joanna Lacy's new book, "Outlaw Marshall" on my new blog, if you'd like to stop by and enter.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are doing a fantastic job homeschooling. Very inspiring.


    Hope you are having a good week.


    Blessings

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8