4/20/2009

This Weeks Dinner Menu

With the change of seasons and many exciting events going on in our lives I need to start planning ahead for meals once again. Planning ahead gives me less worry and helps keep us on budget. I also plan more nutritious meals. There are two cook ahead meals for this week. I love my crockpot! I also like to have a few quick to fix meals like sloppy joes. We call them out the door meals for church night.


Monday


BBQ Ribs, Oven Roasted Potatoes, Green beans, Rolls


We just slow bake the ribs with our adobo, extra garlic, and brown sugar, Add favorite BBQ sauce last 15 to 30 minutes of cooking.


Roasted Potatoes are a cinch! Everyone loves them.


Roasted Fingerling Potatoes


Ingredients


2 pounds small fingerling potatoes


6 cloves garlic, crushed


Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling, 1 to 2 tablespoons


Salt and pepper


Heat oven to 500 degrees F.


Spread potatoes out on a cookie sheet. Scatter garlic over potatoes. Coat lightly with extra-virgin olive oil and season potatoes with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 20 to 40 minutes.


 Tuesday


Garlic Crockpot Chicken, Rice, Peas, Beets.


Garlic Crockpot Chicken


 5 pound roasting chicken or chicken parts with bone in,
salt
pepper
paprika
5 garlic cloves, mashed
1/2 cup canned chicken broth, olive oil


Rub Chicken with olive oil. Sprinkle the chicken, inside and out, with salt, pepper and paprika. Spread half of the garlic in the cavity and spread the rest on the outside of the bird. Place the bird in the crockpot. Add the remaining ingredients and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.


 Wednesday


Sloppy Joes,  Mixed Fruit, GreenSalad I use a canned mix. We like it! It can be made from scratch but the key for this day of the week is quick! We are gone most of the day and in just long enough to eat and be out again.


Thursday


Marinated Pork Roast. leftover rice, salad, pineapple


Marinated Pork Roast


 1/4 cup  soy sauce
1/4 cup grated onion
1 tablespoon  oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 boneless whole pork loin roast (2 1/2 pounds)
1/4 cup  chicken broth
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon brown sugar


In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add pork roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning several times. Drain and discard marinade. Place roast on a rack in a shallow, foil-lined roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 25 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the wine or broth, honey and brown sugar. Brush half over the meat. Bake 15 minutes longer. Brush with remaining honey mixture. Bake 10-20 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°F. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.

Friday


Spaghetti, Green beans, French Bread


Saturday


Leftovers or Pancakes and all the fixings


Sunday


Build Your Own Pizza, Salad (dd late birthday party with friends)




1 comment:

  1. Thank you thank you thank you for posting some recipes that I can make my famiy !! ((happy dance )) [0=


    I think you are going to like what I am going to post for TWT. ((grinning)) It is yummy and low glycemic.


    Sending you ((HUGS)) my SSiC

    In Him<><

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8