4/28/2009

Thrift Store/Bargin Store Junkie ( tightwad tuesday)

I love a good deal. I don't buy much of anything unless I need it and it is on sale or next to free! This has come out of necessity and is now a habit. I love the thrill of the hunt! To be a good hunter however you need to know a good deal when you see one and you need to beable to walk away from stuff you do not need just because it is a good deal!


Here are examples of our hunting and gathering this past month;


 Thrift Store Finds....


A beautiful Kate Spade purse ( the real thing...not a knock off). $3.50. Real value? $200 to $300 dollars. It is in new condition and really cute.


A Newport News dress ( for my daughter for the upcoming wedding). $5.00. Real Value? $49.00. It is in new condition.


Cute shoes. $2.00. Real Value 29.00 to 39.00. We are unable to locate the exact shoe. These will go with the above dress.


Cobbie Cuddlers Sandels in brand new condition. $1.58! Real Value? $21.41 I needed these! They are very comfortable.


Discount Store Finds..


Ross...Brand New Madeline Shoe ( again for the upcoming wedding! )Bargin Price: $13.00 Price elsewhere:$49.00.


Ross..Brand New Ruby Rox Dress: 22.00 ( for the wedding!) Price else where: $59.00.


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. After going to garage sales, I like to tally up what I would have paid to buy it new and compare it to what I really paid. What a blessing to see the savings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love thrift stores. I plan on going to my favorite ones in Birmingham (day trip) this weekend. I'm excited.

    Great finds!

    Hugs,

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are AMAZING when it comes to your treasure finding. I don't know if we can do that well where we are. ((sigh)) We have to travel to the big cities to find them. I am soooooo happy for you all and how well you all have done with your wedding attire.


    Sending you HUGE ((HUGS)) my SSiC

    In Him<><

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those are awesome deals! I'm very jealous of the Kate Spade purse.


    -Angela

    http://ninemoremonths.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8