4/15/2009

Weightloss Wednesday

Photobucket


I took a two week break from my "diet" schedule, routine, etc. I learned so much about myself! I still count calories and measure out the portions ( visually). I was faithful to drink 10 glasses of water, my green tea, the vinegar tonic daily, and I did manage to exercise a few days each week. I gained a few pounds. This was probably from stress eating. Still trying to gain a habit change on that! But over all I felt good that I was not falling back into old habits. This changing lifesyle thing is hard work and it was good to see that some of the changes have stuck!


It has been six months. A seemingly much longer journey. I am down 4 sizes in pants and skirts, 5 sizes in tops. This is amazing!


Loosing the weight one discovers lack of muscle! So I am working on strength exercises as I am able. Spark has a great resource for that and it has been helpful to record what I am doing each week. I am also trying to start walking more. I am hoping to get Leslie Sansones video for Mothers Day. http://www.walkathome.com/walk/  A pedometer, and a Pedal Exerciser for my birthday. ( at least they are on the wish list!) 


I know I would not have stuck with this for so long without accountability! Thanks to my dear friends who have been along side on the journey.

3 comments:

  1. Well we about wrote the same post, heehe. I still have emotional eating as well too. Overall we are on the right track. We have come a long way!!!! I am so proud of you!!!!!!

    Be blessed,

    Chasity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait till I can say I have gone down that many. That is soooooooo neat to hear that you have made some habit changes so even when you take a vacation it is still in you. [0= I sure hope you get the Leslie Sansone workout DVD. I hated riding my ex. bike and I look forward to working out with walking away the pounds. Leslie is soooooo encouraging and FUN. She almost make it feel like you are not working out. [0;


    Sending you blessings and ((HUGS)) my SSiC

    In Him<><

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! Congrats on the weight loss! I need to begin my exercise program again. It has been so cold and rainy in our area that I have gotten out of the habit of completing a two mile walk a day.

    Plus, I really like sweets. I think that is my downfall.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend,

    Pam

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8