12/30/2009

Weightloss Wednesday

 

Photobucket    


http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/chasity 




So how did I do this week....off the charts with sweets and foods that are just not good for me. Too many dinners to go to ect. I am starting today with a clean out of the fridg and pantry of all things "evil". :)  I weighed in a full 12 lbs heavier than my goal. ( the weight I was at in July) My goal was to keep that weight off for a year and I have fallen short! But I plan to nip this in the bud and get busy with self control.



I am getting serious about getting back into a healthy lifestyle. Its not about the weight...Its about doing this for life and I have gotton pretty sloppy lately with what goes in my mouth. And I have not stretched, walked extra, biked ect in I do not know how long. So here is where I begin:


Logging all food intake, water, and steps.


I even logged the fudge ladies…yes the cookies too….must be honest with myself. This was frightening to see! I consumed way too much fat....and calories. But thats the power of logging it. You can actually see what needs to be cut out and make an effort to change.


We all know the benefits of water. I like this article. http://www.shapefit.com/water-benefits.html


I am working toward 10,000 steps a day! For my birthday I got a much coveted pedometer. I wore it for a while…planned to do the program and fizzled. Well I plan to get back on the program and succeed! Go here to learn more: http://www.thewalkingsite.com/10000steps.html


·         Drinking Green Tea with lemon. I like mine cold. I simple put a tea bag in a 16 oz tumbler of cold water with a squeeze of lemon. I tend to refill the glass when it is half empty and refresh with lemon as needed. http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/health-benefits-of-green-tea


A Green Tea recipe favorite:  ( this is great in the afternoon as a pick me up)


Green Tea Latte


4 cups cold water


2 Chai tea bags


3 green tea bags


1 cup milk, chilled


4 tablespoons honey


Boil water and then add both Chai and green tea bags. Seep the tea for three to five minutes, removing the bags and discarding. In ad blender, blend the milk so it is frothy. Pour the tea into individual serving cups and then to each, add 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar of honey. To the tea mixture, add frothy milk. If you like, you can sprinkle a little green tea powder or cinnamon on top.


  Vinegar Tonic Daily. This still taste bad to me but I have seen and felt the results of being diligent with this. There are so many benefits. You can google it or find a book. Here is a site I like: http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/index.html


Mix 1 to 2 teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar  


1 to 2 teaspoons of Honey


8 ounces of water


 Drink cocktail 3 times a day


 I am cutting back on caffeine. Coffee has both good and bad effects. In moderation it is okay.  I am replacing my afternoon coffee with herbal tea. There are so many teas out there. Find one you love and make it your afternoon pick me up! I got a little personal tea pot for christmas. It is for 2 cups of tea. I love it.


http://www.teeccino.com/weightloss.aspx    http://www.howstuffworks.com/caffeine.htm


I hope you are all setting small goals to acheive weekly...daily if necessary. This journey happens one tiny goal at a time! I know it can be done as I lost 53 lbs last year! So keep going! Need inspriration? Head on over to Cyndi Rushtons web page and read her weightloss story. http://www.cindysdesktop.com/

3 comments:

  1. My family officially started eating more healthily this past Saturday. It's not easy. But I figure if I can lose 2lbs a week I'll be doing good. Praying for your much success in 2010.

    Joyful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drink the water/vinegar/honey drink often when I work the late shift. I come home after being in the cold air, and my chest starts hurting. By drinking something warm, it soothes my chest, w/o giving me a caffeine rush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally home and settling in. I am getting on the scale in AM..........not really looking forward to it, haha. We stayed at my inlaws all week, lots of home cooking southern style. However, we are going to all get on the band wagon in 2010. We are all going to be sucessful. Honestly we all are just cause we have set the goals and our mind,that is half the battle. Looking forward to this year with you.

    Be blessed,

    Chas

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8