12/29/2009

Tightwad Tuesday: Only 361 Days Till Christmas



Okay did the title get your attention?! I have a plan in place for next Christmas. I have list of gift ideas for each family member, craft ideas , ( anything from ornaments, to homemade gifts), recipes I did not get to try this year but really wanted to, favorite recipes that cannot be missed, christmas card list. Traditions. The ones that everyone loved and new ones I want to try. All of this goes into a notebook.


Will I accomplish it all? Probably not. However every thing I do accomplish helps lessen the stress come December 2010. My plan is to keep the notebook handy. I have a small gift notebook I keep in my purse ( because I cannot remember all of it!) Give it try! Plan ahead!


I already bought next years wrapping paper. It was 50 cents a roll. Of course I bought paper that was solid color or not necessarily christmas so it many not make it to the intended holiday. Dear daughter used a roll yesterday to line the kitchen drawers! They look awesome!


I love to decorate with natural items. I find lots of things in nature throughout the year. Seed pods, pinecones, sticks, grapevine and so on.


We love to STUFF the kids stockings full. Finding items that are personal to each child is so much fun! This is where keeping the list is so important. I shop alot of thrift stores, yardsales. I never know just what I will find. Having the list keeps me on track!


Here is one of the crafts I plan to make for next year


Country table runner, matching lap quilt for rocker,  http://www.lovetosew.com/ragquiltphoto.htm


Go visit Mary for more tightwad ideas! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Canadagirl  


                           



4 comments:

  1. Hi Tina!


    Wow, great minds and all that. Every year I sit down with some tea and treats in the week between Christmas and New Year's and make a list for the following Christmas. There are so many things I see online and out that would make great gifts, but it's usually at crunch time. I file them away and decide which are best for birthdays, and which are great Christmas gifts. It's a special half-day that I look forward to every year. :)


    That quilt link you gave is cute - I too want to do more sewing. What cute ideas! :) I'm going to begin my gift-making in January. And teach myself to knit... and... lol!


    Have a wonderful day!!

    love,

    Shani

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already organized several things to get started on not just Christmas gifts for next year, but for gift giving through out the year. I plan on posting about it on one of my other blogs weekly. Next is to organize fabrics and pick up some towels for quilted tops and crocheted tops and matching pot holders, those I can do in the winter months. Stop by my blog if you get time and look at last weeks TWT post, there is a link for a free gift giving printable from budget 101.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like me -- already thinking ahead to next year. I wanted to use my few vacation days to bargain hunt, but instead, I was on muscle relaxers for a back injury. I do plan to head out Monday (my next day off) to look for bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing that link ! I have been wanting to make one of these for a few years now but haven't. Maybe this year I can make a few for gifts. [0= It would be sooooooooo fun to start gathering and using fabric I have. I absolutely LOVE love love scrappy quilts.


    Thank you for sharing this !!



    Blessings and ((HUGS)) my SSiC

    In Him<><

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8