3/29/2010

Weekly Wrap Up

 



From the HeartWe went to visit our son and his wife this weekend. We had a fabulous time with them. They are doing fabulous. They took us to a wonderful antique store. We spent a long time looking over beautiful things of the past. Bought a few items too.We went to church with them on Sunday. It was a fabulous palm sunday service. Very interactive with the whole congregation. We are very happy that the kids have found a great church.


On the Missionary Field; The young man mentioned in last weeks post now has a part time job. We are thankful! We are trying to find a temporary family untill his family and he can work out their differences. Reconciliation is hard. But with the love of Christ it is an amazing thing.


Around the House: We managed to get DS2 older car down to the junk yard. Remember it blew an exhaust manifold while I was driving it. Well at nearly 19 years old we did not want to sink anymore money into it. We had to drive the back roads to the yard as it would only go 30 miles an hour. And it sounded aweful but we made it, You get more money for them if you drive them in and I was not about to loose out on that!


A family wanted our 12 year old Areostar even after we told them all that was wrong with it. This family needs so much right now and the Lord has send many families into their path to help them. I love it when this happens! The true body of Christ doing what Jesus would do.


What We Are Learning: What a week! DD1 was called into work 3 days this week. Long days. This means she did homework on the road as we traveled to our oldest sons home, at night and whenever she could. She is tired. She did enjoy having a paycheck though and bought herself some much needed new clothes.


We had to put off starting Much Ado About Nothing because I want to do it with both gals.We hopefully will be doing it in dialouge. Looking forward to it.


DD1 is adjusting to being the only student. This is harder than one might think! They work together on a lot of stuff, help one another. So on the days her sister is at work she is lonely.


Moms Education: Still working through Entering the Presence of God by Derek Prince. 


Heaven by Randy Alcorn and


The Christmas Swap by Janet A Martin. I learned a new word from this book. Soliloquy: The act of talking to oneself. This author likes this word and uses it often! This is a good book..not my usual but I am enjoying it. http://www.atlasbooks.com/marktplc/02432.htm  Its a bit worldly.


We got to watch Blindside with the kids. Great movie...not for littles though. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blind_Side_(film)


Weightloss Journey: It was a CHOCOLATE week...need I say more? I had a UTI this week...probably last week as well and that would explain a lot! We traveled and ate well. So the scale can wait! I did walk a lot this weekend. That was enjoyable.


Kitchen Goodies: Mexican Bar, Oven Fried Chicken & Potatoe Salad, Beef Stroganoff, Pizza, more Pizza, Chinese, Indian Dinner ( at our missions banquet, it was fabulous!),


Thrifty Living: I was tickled to watch my daughter at WalMart. She wanted to get a few things she needed. ( undies, socks ect) We don't buy those at the thrift store! Anyway she found a cute sweatsuit, purse , and 2 tops. She kept asking me if it was too much...keep in mind we generally do not spend over 2 dollars for an item of clothing. I told her she worked hard for her money and never bought anything new and if she loved it she should get it. She put stuff back, picked up stuff , ect for quite a while! She made great choices in the end.


 

2 comments:

  1. I have been really enjoying to hear about another hs family other than myself who is going through older hs kids growing up all that entails. I pray for your dd's and all the growing pains there. ((HUGS))


    I am glad to hear you had a wonderful trip !


    Blessings and ((HUGS))

    In Him<><

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great your car can be used but "new" to another family; what a blessing! :)


    I love that it's been a "Chocolate Week", and I think I will incorporate my Weight Loss Journey too. It's a struggle, but every day is a new day. :D


    Sonja

    bamachik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8