5/07/2011

Quick Catch UP

I have been homeschooling,  gardening, spring cleaning, working the food pantry, reading, and sparking. What is sparking? A few years back Chasity ( a good friend here on blogger) introduced me the Spark People. It is a great social community dedicated to helping folks change their lifestyle and become more fit. I lost 63 lbs using the community. I logged my food, water, exercise, and goals. I had support from like minded folks and was able to connect with others who have arthritis, fibro and CP. Since my sons wedding in July of O9 ( that was the reason for getting the weight off to begin with ) the weight and poor habits have crept back into my life. So back to Spark I have gone. I like logging the food and seeing where the calories go. I like balancing the fats, carbs and protien ( there are nifty graphs to help you). I like the support of others and this go around one of my real life friends is doing this with me.
So how am I doing? Week one and I am down 7lbs. This will level out and become about a pound a week. I am not eating white refined anything, sugar of any kind including honey, noodles or high calorie starch. Sticking with whole wheat and grains, lots of fruit and veggies, low fat meats. Portion control is vital. Measuring your food it eyeopening. We simply eat too much food.
I am struggling through the pain of Fibro to lightly exercise. I know from the past that this takes time and it is painful. It will feel better in a few months.
I blog daily at Spark and you can catch my blogs there if you like. http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage.asp I am Solidrock3

School is winding down. We are all anxious to be finished with the bulk of it for the year. The gals will both be working on Math through the summer so we can be on target in the fall. We got behind a few years ago and are almost caught up.

The garden is weeded but bare. Not sure what we will plant in it. The budget will not allow bedding plants this year so I will need to be creative. The gals have cleaned up the shade garden and we moved the table and chairs into it. It is a cozy inviting space just waiting for the heat of summer.

I am reading a wonderful book. Revolution in World Missions by K. P.  Yohanna.
I need to read more as I enjoy this so much.

Crafts are on the side for the season. Outdoors is where it is at at the moment. The heat of summer will soon drive us back in and the crafting will begin once again.

I need to spend an hour or two and get all the photos off the cameras, into files and then some photo blogging! ITs a busy season and these things take the back burner.

From last years trip to the mountains.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your weight loss. I'm down another 2.2 on my weight watchers plan. I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow; Happy Mother's Day. P.S. I'm looking forward to my school year being over too; five more weeks for us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful! I hope you have a terrific Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is sooooo good to catch up with you. I need to apply Sparks but I don't have a lot of extra time for another blog though. If I could find a way to do it and balance my time. I really need to loose 30 lbs and haven't been able to. ((sigh)) Thanks for the reminder. I need to go see if I still can remember how to get into my account. [o= And then I will let you know my online name there.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    In Him<><
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, if you lived close by I'd share my perennials with you!

    Congratulations on starting with Spark People. I hope it works out well for you and that you'll feel fit and healthy this summer.

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8