1/28/2012

Crafty Adventures

I have been making baby things for the upcoming grandbaby. These tiny newborn booties were so fun and easy to make. I have made two pair so far ( different sizes)


I found an amazing video as well as excellent written instructions here:  Cats Rockin Crochet

I have been reading: Crocheting In Plain English by Maggie Righetti  I think this book has been on my shelve for a few years. Well this week I was doing a major clean out and found it  ( again). This was a 25 cent book I picked up at a library sale. I had some time to wait in the car ( for the kids) so I began reading it. Wow! I got it! I really understood what she was saying.
I do find that many patterns on line are not complete or have mistakes in them. And because I am not a seasoned fiber artist that frustrates me! I am currently looking for a pattern for baby mitts. ( so they do not scratch their faces). Needs to be simple.

8 comments:

  1. So sweet! I've heard that was a good book. I may have to get my hands on a copy. I haven't seen a mitt pattern. I get several patterns on Etsy; you might look there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! I'm so glad you found something that clicked for you. It makes all the difference.

    You're right, a lot of patterns have errors in them. You'll soon figure out what to look for and how to fix it all on your own; I have faith in you. :)

    Have a lovely weekend!
    Shani xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look cute. So glad you are understanding it and enjoying it now. I usually just do an online search for the type of pattern I'm looking for. Usually, but not always, I find something I like. I hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute. I have no talent in that department.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are adorable! I am like you, I can see errors in the patterns, but don't yet know what to do about it. So frustrating! What fun that you have that book, and that you've now found it. Maybe it will help!

    {{{HUGS}}} and blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so creative as usual. It must be a blast getting to make things for a grandbaby. I can't wait till that day comes. [o= I can't help you on the crochet part. I am learning it myself. Slower b/c I tend to just pick up my knitting instead.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8