10/17/2012

Amazing Granola Bars

In search of sweet but mostly healthy snacks I came up with this recipe. Its a combo of 2 recipes and a few trial and error batchs. These bars taste just like Nature Valley Plain Peanut Butter Granola bars. The only flaw? It only makes a small batch and they are addicting.

Peanut Butter Granola Bars
2 cups oats
6 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix above ingredients well.
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 Tablespoons oil
4Tablespoons peanut butter ( melted)
6 Tablespoons honey
Mix wet ingredients well and add to dry ingredients. Mix well.

Spread out on small lightly oiled cooking sheet. Make it uniform thickness. Press it down hard.
Bake at 300 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.  Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars. Store in an airtight container.
I am sure you can add yummys like raisins, craisins, nuts, chocolate chips and coconut.
Before cooking. 
 Just out of the oven.
 Completely cool and cut into bars.

3 comments:

  1. Oh YUM!!!! I love the nature valley ones....so I will have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina! Finally got Bryan back home with us, I've been in New York for the last week, helping him pack and load, and then drive home :-D

    He LOVES the PB Bars from Nature Valley, but I am disturbed by their ingredients, so this will be AWESOME to make! Thanks for experimenting and then sharing!

    Blessings and {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace and I are going to make these tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8