3/22/2014

Click 365: Making Sense of Patterns

I do not do well with reading ( or perhaps understanding) knitting patterns. However I have finally knitted enough to grasp some very basic knitting language. This is what I do when I have a large amount of repeat in a pattern and need to keep track of where I am.
Most patterns look something like this.

And after the first repeat you will get something like this " Repeat rows 1 - 6 11 more times or until your work is 14 inches long"
I tend to do more than one thing at once, multi task. I also get interrupted often. So this is how I keep track of where I am at. I made this chart. Each box is a row of knitting.  Each row is a complete set or what is to be repeated. I also print it large so I can see it at a glance.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a knitter, but I can understand the difficulty of remembering where you are. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8