5/28/2008

Weblink Wednesday

Ducks


Be sure to visit


http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/socalval


My link for the Week


http://www.abookintime.com/index.html


From the author of the site:


About A Book In Time Author, Carol Henderson


A Book In Time first began years ago when I wanted my students to read some good history books along with our textbook, but I was unpleasantly surprised at what a challenge it was to find them. The only history booklists available featured every title in print, and sifting through it all to choose one or two of the better ones was a chore. Some booklists featured great books in general, but required a detailed search through every title and description to find a selection based on history AND set in the right time period. But I combed these lists, and the search was on!


As I found great books, I made a note of each of them, and slowly my notes began to take shape into the booklist that it is today. A Book In Time is published here in order to direct you to the best books based on major historical people and events found in a typical school history study. Because I am a homeschooling mom, I have had the opportunity to teach almost all grades and almost the entire scope of history, resulting in a comprehensive selection. Since I am still teaching history both at home and at a large homeschool Co-op, the search for great new titles continues, and the list is still growing.


With the additional listings of Interactive Links, Crafts, Timelines, and Maps along with the books, you can create a history adventure that your students will love. It can be confusing to make all these options work together, but help is available here for that as well! I walk you through every step of the way in my eBook, How to Create Your Own History Curriculum . Learn how to coordinate the best projects and activities with your textbook, and turn history into your favorite part of the day.


This website is a continual work in progress, and the best way to keep up with all the latest finds is to subscribe to our newsletter (see below to sign up!). Please feel free to send me your comments and suggestions, and any great book or internet resource to share with everyone!


Carol Henderson

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I forgot about this site! I went to bookmark it and found it deep in my favorites! LOL


    http://glimpseofsonshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used that site before for the book lists, but I never knew about all the other great features! Thanks!


    Betsy

    http://thehomeschoolway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has to be a good one to have around. Thanks, I saved it. I think it would be neat for questions that just come up from time to time.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this link ! I am going to have to dive in and really look at this.


    Blessings and ((HUGS)) my SSiC

    In Him<><

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Weblink Wednesday! Thanks for participating today. My hand is real sore after my crazy trouble with it on Monday, so I'm taking my time and copy/paste all the links provided today and looking at them a little later. In fact, I copied/pasted this greeting to those who have participated in Weblink Wednesday today. Sorry about that. Anyway, I am always appreciative of new links shared - thank you! I will add them to Weblinkeducation.com this coming week...


    Valerie

    http://homeschoolblogger.com/socalval

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8