10/10/2008

Show and Tell Friday

Wow it is Friday already!!!!! Week just zipped right by. I hope you all had a blessed week. Here are some highlites from our week.


Science Experiment #1


The Effect of Changing Temperature


Showing how the cold air in the bottle expands.


Science Experiment #2


The Chemical Composition of Water  ( Electrolysis)


Air escaping from the battery



 



 


Notice the change in water level? One on the right is hydrogen and one on left is oxygen. ( H20)


Some experiments just do not work and you have to think out of the box. Next week I will post about that experiment.


Now on to cute adorable fur babies....


From top of photo and left to right: Behr, Squeeky, Fancy Rose ( these are siblings) .Abby ( looks like a tiger) and Fudgy ( middle of photo). These babies are Fancy Roses'. So they are all "Family" Fancy, Abby, and Fudgy are tiny cats. The boys make up for it weighing in at 12 plus pounds.



Whats not to love!? This is Behr. He is my "favorite". ( if we are allowed to have favorites). He is my buddy who chats with me all day long. Yes he and his brother have this Garfield kinda thing going...but they are so sweet.

9 comments:

  1. Cool experiments and cute kitties- great Show & Tell! :)

    Love, Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the kitties. Sweet pics.

    Be blessed,

    Chasity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those cats look so soft. You guys always have the best science stuff going on.

    BLessings,

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I want one of those gray tabby kitties! I LOVE kitties, but we have none right now. *sigh*


    OK, that is the cleverest idea EVER for the electrolysis experiment. Our H and O splitting was always a HUGE affair, with quart jars, trying to turn the test tubes upside down without water sneaking in, taping, fussing, and in general wishing I'd thought of a different experiment. It worked, of course, and it worked FAST. Then we did the match thing and made big lights an sounds.


    But yours looks SUPER easy--no mess, no fuss, no tape, one container, and a clippy. And it sure looks like it worked. Kudos to you!


    p.s. We've had our share of failed experiments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't done those experiments before, but they look quite interesting. :) Your cats are adorable! I especially like the gray ones, and all of their names are so creative! I have really enjoyed looking at your blog! Thank you for commenting. Since you have had a tin like the one I have in the past, do you have an idea as to what year(s)they made it? I'd really like to have a date for it, but I'm not sure how to tell (there isn't a date on the tin).


    God Bless!

    Miss Emily Rose

    http://www.simplyvintagegirl.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love stuff like this - we are big in to science experiments. I look forward to looking over more of your blog.


    Kathy

    http://www.kathalog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh - your furbabies are gorgeous! Are they all indoor babies?


    It looks like lots of fun experiments going on at your house.


    http://a-skip-in-my-step/blogspot/com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally cool. Did you the ideas for these science experiments from a book? If so, which book was it? I'd be interesting in ordering it.


    Cute cats - were cat lovers ourselves around here.


    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,


    Experiments look like fun!! And what sweet looking kitties!!


    Thank you for the comment!



    Have a good Lord's day!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8