2/04/2009

Tightwad Tuesday Really Late

Photobucket



I love free blessings! I have been praying for fabric to finish things: a quilt, tableclothes, napkins, curtain toppers, lap blankets for the homeless, gifts, and just for my gals to learn on. Well my prayer was answered! ( and then some!)


A friend of mine no longer wishes to sew. She had a huge amount of fabric in her walk in attic. All very well stored, clean and some peices still with the fabric store ticket on them. I was just in amazement at the variety and amount she was giving away!


Check this out! That is a Queen size bed. ( this is the amount after one of my friends gleaned from it.)



Completely covered with NEW fabric! Most of it still has the fabric store yardage and price ticket on it.



These are not small amounts of fabric. Each fabric is at least 3 yards with the exception of the rolls.



There is enough fabric for me to make 6 table clothes. Our table is very large and I always have a hard time finding clothes to fit. I also plan to make napkins. A bounty of fleece will be made into hats, scarves, and wrap blankets for the homeless. Still more broadcloth will be made into quilts. I also am planning a give away to bless someone.


Of course no post would be complete with out a feline tale! Here is Behr wondering what we have done to his favorite napping spot.



 


2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh HAPPY SEWING !!! I pray many blessings on your craft time. I know you will be blessed even more and your girls, plus anyone who recieves any of your makings ! Wahoo you go gals !!


    Thank you for showing us this amazing "back door provision" ! PTL !!


    Blessings and ((HUGS)) my SSiC

    In Him<><

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Tina, what a wonderful blessing you were given!!! I can't wait to see photos of all the beautiful projects you're going to complete throughout the year. Yay!!!


    Happy for you!!! (happy dance)

    love,

    Shani

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8