3/04/2009

Weightloss Wednesday

Photobucket


This week was much better. Still very busy but I had a handle on the food and prepared ahead of time so that I would not eat the wrong foods. I lost two pounds! Only six more to go to reach my orginal goal! I wanted to reach that goal by the end of May. I just might make it!


I started drinking a homemade protein and fiber shake for breakfast. We had the protien mix left from when my son had surgery last year. ( doctor recommended it for healing). I wanted to find something that would give me a full feeling and last longer in the morning. This works! I am very full right up to lunch. I am doing much better in the mid day when I usually have the urge to eat "whatever" I can find. I am also eating a protein soy bar before bedtime. This seems to have made a huge difference in my ability to sleep longer.


Here is my shake:


2 Tablespoons flaxseed powder


4 tablespoons protein mix ( serving) This is a whey protein with lots of amino acids. 


1 cup of fruit ( not in sugar syrup, fresh is best ) ( banana, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, peaches, ect)


Process in blender. If too think add real juice or water.


This shake is very filling, good for you , and makes you feel like you had something sweet!


This is a meal in itself. 320 calories.


Amino Acids: Most protein powder is packed full of Amino Acids. You can google a host of info on them. Your doctor can tell you the bare facts and why they are so important.


Flaxseed: http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/benefits-of-flaxseed



http://www.vitamins-supplements.org/amino-acids/


Flaxseed is new to our family however many of my friends use this and say it is the best! I am giving it a try. It takes some getting use to.


My weight loss has been mostly calorie counting, cutting out "white" foods ( breads, flours, white rice, sugar, dairy,ect), trying to keep it low fat and proper carbos. Here is an artcle on calorie counting and weight loss.


http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=367


This week I found a small stack of clothes on my bed....my 14 yo daughter had passed some of her clothes down to me! ( she is taller than me and we apparently wear the same size tops!) What a compliment!


Whatever you are doing that works for you, keep it up! Stay the journey! It is well worth it.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Lisa on the two pound loss. I have been in the same place Chasity is. I was and am not prepared for meals or snacks. We are in desperate need of food in our home. Scheduling food shopping on my husbands "ever changing and never knowing what the boss is going to do" schedule has been impossible.


    Any way congrats to you.

    Debbie at http://debbiesdigest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why I typed lisa... brain fog today... so much going on here today.


    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Opps I forgot to answer about the saving thingy. I had about $40 in coupons~~~lots of $2 and $3 off. Then Kroger has a deal on frozen food, buy 10 get $5 off. Actually Winn Dixie does too, apparently March is frozen food month. We usually do not buy much frozen food~~~but my kids LOVE frozen waffles and chicken nuggets. So I only buy natural ones, so I stocked up. Also I do the CVS cash back thing and eveything I bought there I had a coupon fot it..

    I usually don't do so well, but my Sunday paper had great coupons and a lady at my church saves coupons for me every week~~such a blessing!!!

    Be blessed,

    Chasity

    PS.At CVS, I typically pay one week, get my cash back dollars and pay nothing or $1 or $2 the next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing soooooooooooo GOOD ! You are setting the blazing trail. My hubby and I are making babysteps more in our food. My hubby has lost almost 10 lbs. Why am I procrastinating ???? I have no idea. I have a goal to loose 16 lbs first and I will be as they say Just DO IT starting today. I have been talking to long and not staying on the course. ((sigh)) Watching you, Chasity, and my hubby is such a encouragement. ((HUGS))


    Love you my SSiC

    In Him<><

    -Mary


    ( please pray for my winter blahs. They are getting in my way. )

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8