12/21/2009

Weekly Wrap Up

 


 


 


From the Heart: This week has been a challenge in the parenting department. After much reflection and time in the word I came away with the fact that the root of the problem is a lack of self control on both sides. I tend to react when I should retreat and chat later. Dear children react and feel they need to get every last word out, even if the words are hurtful. All they really want is for me to listen.  I have returned to praying the scriptures for and with them, help them sort their negative behavior ( and mine). Refocusing my thoughts on Christ and centering my parenting around the example set in scripture.


 Example: Cause ( name of child or person) to make every effort to add to her faith goodness and to goodness, knowledge, and to knowledge, severance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness: and to brotherly kindness, love. Let (name) possess these qualities in increasing measure, so that she will be effective and productive in her knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ ( 2 Peter 1:5 – 8)


In the School Room: It was the week before Christmas.. need I say more? Focusing on school was difficult for both the students and the teachers ( dad too). We did manage to do a meager amount. Enough to count the days. So happy to have 2 weeks off! I plan to get all the lessons on paper, copies made for biology, and tweek the schedule. I am changing some things in hopes to make our week run smoother. Not sure what yet but know I need to do something. Seeking the Lord on this!


On the Mission Field: The homeless outreach this week went really well. We needed to use two vehicles because we had so many donations to give out ( blankets, clothes, ect)  Sad to see so many out there in the cold. Many new young folks on the street as well.


In the Literary Scene: Oh time to read.....wishful thinking this past week.


In the Kitchen:  Wish I could say there were fabulous creations going on! That I was knee deep in making Christmas goodies….sigh. Not happening yet! Just keeping my head above water and getting meals on the table.


On the Creative Side: Planning ahead for next year. I love doing this even if I only do a few of the things on my list. Love looking at what others have done this christmas. It inspires me.


Thrifty Finds: Went to the monthly library sale and scored many books for DD1 on architecture.  A friend is coming over to help clean and repair the piano. ( because he loves to!) We will still need to get it tuned but this will save us a bundle.


 No photos this week. We nearly lost all our photos and important files on the computer a few weeks ago. Thankfully hubby was able to recover most of it. He needs to go in name the files and put a place for me to upload.


 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Tina...these are difficult times! Our children aren't just "extensions" of us...if they were, they'd be perfect, right??? :-P


    You're doing a great job of going to the Scriptures, and modeling that turning of the heart to the Lord when things start to go haywire. I love the pryaing through the Scripture you shared! I know that feeling of just keeping your head above water, I think most of us do! I feel that way this week...just getting the boys to finish the semester by Wednesday, I feel very overwhelmed--lots of other plans in the works and irons in the fire, and it all had to be put together in the last 3 days...but it's coming to a close, and I know that IF they get done Wednesday, I'll be a brand new woman!


    Keep praying...we're all with you!

    Have a Merry Christmas!

    Blessings,

    Lori (aka Plans4You)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love all the outreach your family does each week. Your kids are growing and learning so much from that! Although we are fulltime "missionaries" often we are so isolated here. This is part of my prayers for a change.


    God bless you this holiday week.


    Carol

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8