6/11/2010

The Zoo Part 3: The Farm

The Farm was always a favorite part of the zoo for my kids. Most of their favorite beloved "pets" are now gone and it is quite different.

[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="602" caption="Beautiful Old Fashioned Red Climbing Rose"][/caption]

 

The Peacocks are always beautiful!



The Pomato is just one of the plants here in the vegetable garden. The Pomato is a potatoe grafted into a tomatoe plant. Pretty cool!  Here is a very good article on the Pomato. http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Pomato-Project-Homeschool  This plant would be awesome in a third world country where growing your own food is so vital. The Zoo grows many small vegetable gardens to help feed the animals at the zoo. All plants are grown without pesticides or herbicides.







There are many birds of prey throughout the zoo...This Red Tailed Hawk is in the Farmyard.



Pigs, Goats, Llama, 







There were many other animals but due to poor lighting or wire fencing the photos just did not turn out well. 

Stay tuned for more from the Zoo!

3 comments:

  1. What a FUN trip ! I love Peacocks...they are so pretty. Pomato, now that is a plant I have never heard of. [0=

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary. I bet you could grow a pomato where you live. It would be fun to try. Do you guys grow potatoes? I know you are allergic to tomatoes but the potatoe part of the plant is in the ground...I wonder if you would react to it since its grafted onto the tomatoe? hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! beautiful pics. What a fun trip that must have been.

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8