10/11/2012

Comfort Food


We love enchiladas and cornbread!  I tried a new recipe for cornbread and was not impressed. It lacked flavor and had a compact texture. It was a Paula Dean recipe so I was sure it would be yummy. Nothing a little honey won't fix. It won't go to waste. However we won't be using the recipe again.

 Enchiladas are easy to make and can be economical if you use leftover stuff. These are just chicken, re fried beans, and cheese. The chicken was flavored with taco seasoning. The sauce is canned enchilada sauce. ( this is before baking) We always make more than necessary so we can have them for lunches too.
 
Other filling for the enchiladas has been beef ( usually hamburger left over from taco night), just cheese, combo of meats, cream cheese and chicken ( not a favorite of most of our family). 

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, Tina! You are an amazing cook!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So yummy. I haven't made enchiladas in a long time. I think I'm going to make them soon now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like the corn bread that is popular here in TN. I like mine more flavorful, sweet and a fluffy texture. I like a grainy texture sometimes too, but not just heavy, like is popular here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like sweet cornbread...like Jiffy mix. I have a copycat recipe for it...so I do not have to use the mix. Yours looks YUMMY!!
    We love enchiladas or any mexican food. We have mexican food several times a week. I like the fact you can throw anything in it and it is yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8