10/15/2012

Sucess

Sucess is measurable. At least where my jeans are concerned. I was able to get into one pair of the many pairs of jeans in the " too tight drawer"! You can have several jeans all the same size and only be able to fit into one pair. So to say I lost a size would be wrong. I am just happy that I got into a pair I wore a few years and many pounds lighter ago. Its like getting a new pair of jeans!
I would say its the walking that has done it. I have not been eating the best of foods for weight loss. Affordable foods yes but low in calorie or carbs not so much.

This week has been a great week for yard sales and fall fun in the neighborhood. We found a super cool peice of furniture for my daughter. It looks like three large old books stacked on top of each other. Each "book" is a drawer. It sits on lovely carved legs and has beautiful inlay on top.   I also found some nice clothes for the grandbaby.
 
 
The finish needs some attention but it is very solid.
 See how it looks like books?

 The top "book " opens like a trunk and the other two books are drawers.


The puppy is settling in just fine. He is still very much a puppy. Caught him chewing on the wrong stuff this week. He is learning how to properly walk on a leash and come when called. He came to us knowing how to sit, give paw and hug. ( puts paws on shoulders and hugs, quite gently) He is part Greyhound so we purchased a coat for him. He was very cold in the mornings. Greyhounds are very thin skinned and have very short fine hair. He finally gave chase to one of the cats ( in a friendly manner) and is beginning to stand his ground.
Here he is enjoying a slumber party. 
 And here he is doing what he does best, sleeping!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I need new jeans, too. That chest is cool. And, glad puppy is settling in, sorry he chewed on the wrong thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAHOO on the jeans fitting!!!!!!
    He is such a cute puppy. Love the new piece of funiture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great that you are in those jeans. That is always so exciting. And that piece of furniture you found. I think its so pretty and very useful.

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8