10/16/2012

Something Smells Yummy!

This always makes the house smell so good! Homemade plain granola. We love it.
After trying several recipes and tweaking the ingredients to our liking I think this is the final recipe! We like ours dry, not clumpy, and not too sweet.
4 cups oats
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
Combine above ingredients and mix well
Add:
3 Tablespoons oil
1/4 cup honey
2 teaspoons vanilla
Mix very well.
Lightly oil a large cookie sheet.
Spread mixture onto cookie sheet evenly
Bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes, turn the mixture over, Bake 10 more minutes, give another stir to the mixture and bake a final 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
We eat it plain, over yoghurt, with milk, and on ice cream.

Could not do a post without a furbabie photo. This is for those of you who were sure this dog never walked! ( because every photo is of him on the couch or in someones arms)


3 comments:

  1. The granola looks good. I haven't made any before, I might have to try some soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never made granola, but have wanted to. Definitely a project for this fall. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY!!!!!
    And such a cute furbabie

    ReplyDelete


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalms 143:8